Benefits of CBD in Beauty Products
Its time to get your glow up with CBD beauty products.
CBD is short form of cannabidiol. It’s just one of many compounds found in the cannabis sativa plant, hemp, and it’s gaining lots of ground on the beauty counter. Hemp is highly regarded as a medicinal plant void of THC. Which means, it won’t get you stoned.
Topical CBD is great as it’s shown to have pain killing properties and anti-inflammatory action. More and more research is being done on this miracle compound to deregulate skin issues such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, dry skin, and itching. And, while it’s deregulating all the bad stuff, it’s regulating the good stuff, such as skin barrier protection, and nutrition.
Benefits of CBD in Skin Care
- Fights acne
- Hydrates dry skin
- Improves skin conditions, such as eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis
- Strengthens skin barrier and immune defenses
- Promotes healthy hair growth through anti-inflammatory action
Cites and References
- Jin, Solee, and Mi-Young Lee. “The ameliorative effect of hemp seed hexane extracts on the Propionibacterium acnes-induced inflammation and lipogenesis in sebocytes.” PloS one vol. 13,8 e0202933. 27 Aug. 2018, doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0202933
- Citti, Cinzia et al. “Cannabinoid Profiling of Hemp Seed Oil by Liquid Chromatography Coupled to High-Resolution Mass Spectrometry.” Frontiers in plant science vol. 10 120. 13 Feb. 2019, doi:10.3389/fpls.2019.00120
- Lin, Tzu-Kai et al. “Anti-Inflammatory and Skin Barrier Repair Effects of Topical Application of Some Plant Oils” International journal of molecular sciences vol. 19,1 70. 27 Dec. 2017, doi:10.3390/ijms19010070
- Tóth, Kinga Fanni et al. “Cannabinoid Signaling in the Skin: Therapeutic Potential of the “C(ut)annabinoid” System.” Molecules (Basel, Switzerland) vol. 24,5 918. 6 Mar. 2019, doi:10.3390/molecules24050918