Top Hemp Oils for Skin Care (2020 Review)
We searched for all CBD hemp oils containing only the finest all natural ingredients. Our criteria for picking which products to try came down to a few key points:
Criteria for selecting hemp oils to try
- Plant-based (vegan ingredients)
- Food grade
- Non-toxic, non-harmful (i.e. no parabens, sulfate free)
- Eco-concious packaging
For the sake of our tests, we wanted to be sure that the key ingredients were made for therapeutic purposes. We looked for intentional and environmentally conscious packaging as well.
Criteria for choose which hemp oil is best for skin care
1. Top Pick for Hemp Oil for Skin Care
Herbivore Emerald Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Deep Moisture Glow Oil
This light weight oil is a wonderful addition to your skin care regimen. Add a few drops to your skin every evening and wake with a gorgeous glow.
- Cruelty Free
- Cold-pressed hemp oil
- Premium quality
- 1 oz_30ml
- Glass bottle with dropper
2. Second Pick for Hemp Oil Skin Care
Sweet Essentials Virgin Hemp Seed Oil
Use as an edible or topical, this virgin hemp seed oil contains a beneficial amount of amino acids, vitamin E, and natural antioxidant, for skin moisture and health.
- Food-grade unrefined organic hemp seed oil
- Cruelty free
- 4 oz_120ml
- BPA free bottle
Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil
Also known as cannabis, Hemp (Cannabis sativa L.), is becoming an extremely important plant for skin care. Hemp seed oil is shown to have anti-inflammatory properties for the skin. This action helps with amelioration of wrinkles, fine lines, and even acne.
Hemp seed oil is also rich in antioxidants and healthy omegas for the skin. Not to mention, “it is high in CBD has proved to have several pharmacological properties, thus ranking among the most studied phytocannabinoids for its possible therapeutic use in a number of pathologies.” (2) Skin defenses are boosted against both internal and external stressors with this added nutrition.
List of Primary Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil
- Skin barrier protection
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Improved fat metabolism (sebum control)
- Maintain skin homeostasis
List of Secondary Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil
- Amelioration of wrinkles
- Improved skin hydration
- Reduction in acne
- Reduction in skin disorders, such as itching, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, and itching
The Bottom Line
The endocannabinoid system is expressed in several tissues, including the skin. It’s been found to be extremely important in maintaining skin balance and promoting skin repair. With that in mind, adding hemp seed oil to your skin care regimen is your ticket to getting back that “glow”.
Cites and References
- Jin, Solee, and Mi-Young Lee. “The ameliorative effect of hemp seed hexane extracts on the Propionibacterium acnes-induced inflammation and lipogenesis in sebocytes.” PloS one vol. 13,8 e0202933. 27 Aug. 2018, doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0202933
- Citti, Cinzia et al. “Cannabinoid Profiling of Hemp Seed Oil by Liquid Chromatography Coupled to High-Resolution Mass Spectrometry.” Frontiers in plant science vol. 10 120. 13 Feb. 2019, doi:10.3389/fpls.2019.00120
- Lin, Tzu-Kai et al. “Anti-Inflammatory and Skin Barrier Repair Effects of Topical Application of Some Plant Oils” International journal of molecular sciences vol. 19,1 70. 27 Dec. 2017, doi:10.3390/ijms19010070
- Tóth, Kinga Fanni et al. “Cannabinoid Signaling in the Skin: Therapeutic Potential of the “C(ut)annabinoid” System.” Molecules (Basel, Switzerland) vol. 24,5 918. 6 Mar. 2019, doi:10.3390/molecules24050918